We take our responsibilities under the PDPA seriously. We are committed to implementing policies, practices and processes for data protection that comply closely with the PDPA obligations.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Personal Data That We May Collect About
Swift Office may collect and process:
Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) such as:
- Your email address and name, when you contact us;
- Details contained in any relevant fields that you key into when you use our Services. These details may include your name, handphone number, email, NRIC, your location;
- Information about your device hardware and software when you use our Services. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information will be used by us for the operation and quality management of our Services, and provide general statistics regarding the use of our Services.
- If you opt-in to sharing your location with us, we automatically receive Data about your location and/or IP address whenever you interact with, or use, the Consumer Services (e.g. open the App, visit our Sites, etc.). If you opt-in to have background location turned on in our Apps, we will collect Data about you even when you are not using the Apps and the Apps are closed (as permitted by your device settings).
- We use various technologies to determine your precise location, such as the location services of your operating system or browser, sensor data from your device (e.g. magnetometer, barometer, gyroscopes, accelerometers, compasses, Bluetooth data, beacon data, Wi-Fi access points, GPS data, and cell tower data), and other Data that may help us to understand your precise location.
We also collect additional Data about you when you use the Consumer Services. For example, we receive Data:
- Relating to how you interact with the Consumer Services, such as your search terms, what pages you view, your access times, the time you spend on each page, your IP address, the redirected pages, or posts you make to the Consumer Services;
- You may turn off location services at any time by going to your device settings and toggling off background location. For more information about location, please see “Determining and Sharing Location” below.
Determining and Sharing Location
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we have collected about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To operate and deliver the Services;
- To process, and where necessary, respond to your application, enquiry or request;
- To inform or update you of our Services, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To monitor, improve and administer the Website and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding the user of the Services;
- To update you on changes to the Services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Swift Office might disclose some of the personal data collected to Government agencies so as to improve the discharge of public functions, and to provide our Services in the most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law. Swift Office will not share, sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to non-Government entities.
Disclosure of your personal data will only be done for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for purposes that a reasonable person will consider appropriate in the circumstances where you have consented with or required by other laws & regulations.
Before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will usually notify you of the purpose why we are doing so. We might also obtain written confirmation from you on your expressed consent. As far as possible, we will not collect more personal data than necessary for the stated purpose.
Under certain circumstances, we may assume deemed consent from you when you voluntarily provide your personal data for the stated purpose or when you voluntarily disclose personal information online that can be easily collected and used by others.
If you are utilizing our Services on behalf of another individual, you must first obtain consent from that individual in order for us to collect, use or disclose his/her personal data. The responsibility to obtain this consent will lie with you.
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, but this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Service.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data
Subjected to the exceptions referred to in Section 21(2) of PDPA, you have a right to request, based on reasonable grounds, to find out how we have been using or disclosing your personal data. We are obliged under the PDPA to allow you access to your personal data of the past one year, and to make any correction if there is any error or omission. Before we accede to your request, we may need to verify your identity by checking your NRIC or other legal identification document. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days and by which time we will give you an estimate of how long it is going to take to retrieve all the relevant data.
Swift Office also takes reasonable precautions and verification checks to ensure that the personal data we have collected from you is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date. From time to time, we might do a verification exercise for you to update us on any changes to your personal data. If any of the information you have provided changes, please let us know the updated details by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
Retention and Non-Use of Personal Data
We will not retain any of your personal data under our charge or control when it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes. Certain retention periods are based on statutory or regulatory requirements. We will ensure that your personal data that no longer has any business or legal use will be destroyed or disposed of in a secure manner. This applies to both paper documents and electronic data stored in databases.
You have the right to ask us not to collect, use, process or disclose your Personal Information in any of the manner described herein. If you wish to withdraw consent, you can give us notice of your intention to halt the collection, use, processing or disclosure of your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com . You should give us reasonable advance notice to do so, and should be aware of any likely consequences of your consent withdrawal, e.g. without your personal contact information we may not be able to inform you of future updates or that the quality of our service may be impacted.
Security of Personal Data
We will take the necessary security arrangements to protect your personal data that is under our charge or control to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks. All our employees will take reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and will only share your data with authorised persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
External data intermediaries who process and maintain your personal data on our behalf will be bound by contractual data security arrangements we have with them. If there is a need for us to transfer your personal data to another country, we will ensure that the standard of data protection in the recipient country is comparable to that of Singapore’s PDPA. If this is not so, we will enter into a contractual agreement with the receiving party to accord similar levels of data protection as that in Singapore.
Swift Office reserves the rights to modify this privacy notice at any time deemed necessary. You are encouraged to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how Swift Office is protecting your Personal Information.
If you have any questions about our collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal data; feedback regarding this Policy, or if you believe that Swift Office has not adhered to this Policy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any query or complaint should include, at least, the following details:
- Full name and contact information of the data subject
- Brief description of the query or complaint
We treat such queries and complaints seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.